The bulk of industrial lands in North Lewis County lie within the Port of Centralia industrial park northwest of Centralia and the Industrial Park at TransAlta (IPAT) approximately four miles east of Centralia on Big Hanaford Road. Access to these industrial areas is problematic and has been the subject of multiple studies dating back to the 1990s which are linked below. It should be noted, the current study effort has taken an approach of broad-based stakeholder involvement with a wide range of issues under consideration unlike any of these previous studies.
- Summary of Previous Studies
- 2009 TransAlta Mining Site Industrial Park Feasibility Analysis - Transport Excerpt
- 2009 I-5 North Lewis County Interchange Feasibility Study
- 2004-2007 Arterial Analysis Study
- 1999 Interstate 5 Access Request - North County Line Interchange MP 84.65
- 1998 North Lewis County I-5 Interchange Connector Roads - Design Report